Helpful details on our accepted forms of payment
The following list provides an outline of the ONLY forms of payment Taylor & Martin accepts. Please note that you must pay in full the day of the auction. Taylor & Martin does not accept credit cards (only for deposits - see below), debit cards, bank drafts, money orders, third-party checks or Comchecks. If you have any questions at all, please contact us at 1-800-654-8280.
- We require a cash deposit of $5,000 before giving you a buyer number.
- You will receive a receipt for your deposit. If you do not purchase anything, your deposit will be returned in full upon presentation of your receipt.
- If you choose to write a personal check, we require a letter from your bank on bank letterhead before giving you a buyer number. A letter from your bank showing your account balance is not a letter of guarantee. Your bank letter must state:
- That your bank will irrevocably honor or guarantee your check, OR...
- Your bank will finance any purchase up to a stated dollar amount.
- In cases of wire transfer, we require a $10,000 deposit before giving you a buyer number.
- If you do not purchase anything, your deposit will be wire transferred back to your account the day after the auction.
- Your cashier's check must be made payable to Taylor & Martin for a minimum of $5,000 or the amount you plan to spend before you are given a buyer number. We may ask to hold your cashier's check until after the auction.
- If your total purchase is less than the amount of your cashier's check, Taylor & Martin will write you a check for the difference.
Credit Card Deposit-VISA/MasterCard
- $5,000 - for assistance with processing your credit card deposit, please call a Taylor & Martin representative at 800-654-8280. Your credit card deposit will be applied to your purchase. If you are not a successful bidder, your credit card will not be charged.